Beauty Solutions: Get Rid Of Dark and Rough Underarms (“Armpits”)
Do you feel uneasy about the look of your underarms? Do you find it impossible to raise your hands in public? What about wearing sleeveless outfits, can you have a really comfortable day knowing you have dark and rough underarms? Not to worry, most of us have the same problems but like the overcomer that we are, we will find solutions today and make dark and rough underarms one less thing to worry about.
Let’s quickly run through basic facts about how we all get dark and rough underarms after which we would go through easy do-it-yourself steps to clear the arising beauty challenges as regards our underarms. – Learning taken today should be used to educate others so we are together creating an empowered team of beautiful ladies.
I used to have not-so dark and rough underarms but I still felt rather uncomfortable with my underarms and so I drilled down on how I could salvage the situation.
FACTS ABOUT DARK AND ROUGH UNDERARMS:
- Dark underarms indeed has a lot to do with the nature of your skin. For those who have sensitive skin, you may have dark underarms as a result of reactions gotten from shaving cream, shaving sticks and even deodorants.
Black people run the risk of having hyperpigmentation, regardless of your skin tone; be it light skinned or dark skinned and this plays a role in the complexion of your underarm. For some light skinned people they may probably never have dark underarms, but for those who do have them you can try all sort of lightening techniques but you may never achieve or go beyond a certain complexion if at all you get results.
When we cut ourselves while shaving with blade, we most times treat the wounds with alcoholic treatments or simply just wait for the pain to reduce and then apply our deodorants. Cuts and alcoholic materials on the skin indeed gives you dark underarms, while bumps gotten from cuts gives you a rough looking underarm.
Few people barely have any hair in their underarms to take out and so would only visit the area once or twice a month. Most of these people have really clear and neat underarms. However don’t get me wrong, frequent shaving doesn’t give you dark and rough underarms but the methods used cause the problem.
- Thick hair left after shaving and dead cells accumulated in the underarms also contribute to dark underarms. Care for your underarms will be spelt out shortly.
- I know few people that “save” the hair growing in their underarms simply because they believe it would reduce the rigorous shaving process hoping it will give them a smooth and clear underarm the “glorious day” they decide to shave. While this is somewhat true, please remember that you need to have a proper and effective method of taking care of this rather difficult part of your body, otherwise you would only be hiding a problem that will surface soon, supposing you never really hard a smooth clear underarm in the first place.Please give yourself the relevant knowledge so you are both informed and beautiful.
Now let’s run through how we can gradually get rid of our dark and rough underarms, for some weird reason this part of our body is difficult to maintain in terms of clearing out roughness and brightening the underarms. Why it feels softer than most parts of our body makes me even more annoyed.
HOW TO GRADUALLY IMPROVE YOUR DARK AND ROUGH UNDERARMS.
- Please reduce shaving with blade and opt for waxing. Blade shaving leaves thick hair that causes dark underarms but waxing takes out the hair from the root and so would reduce any chances of having dark underarms. However, my sister complains about the difficulty in waxing your hair when it starts to grow, what happens is that the hair grows disproportionately meaning some hair grow longer than others and so doesn’t give you an enjoyable waxing experience. Also for others who can’t stand the pain of waxing, what you can do is to shave during or immediately after bathing, while you are in the shower.
- If you prefer to shave your underarms with blades, please do so when your skin is soft and massaged which is while you are bathing. This allows the blade go smoothly on the surface area and reduces the chance of cutting yourself. Immediately after the bathing ritual, please shave and rinse with water.
- Now, a good shaving method is not all to do in caring for your underarms, you also need to moisturize the area both morning and night after shower with natural products such as Aloe Vera. We all know the benefits of moisturizing, it keeps your skin cool and well taken care of.
- Lots of people fear using antiperspirant deodorants because they feel it can cause dark underarms. Well for some people this is true, but we are in a society where most people do need antiperspirant deodorants to keep them smelling fresh and nice. However, there are antiperspirant deodorants that are water-based, meaning the alcohol content has been reduced to a minimal, good enough to keep you smelling nice and also keeping your underarms protected. Ensure you get a trusted brand that has this qualities provided. A big win is moisturizing deodorants that simply care for your underarms in all areas of concern. – look out for such products and you are in a comfortable spot to live in concerning your underarms.
- Exfoliate your underarms at least 3 times a week, morning and night. A quick but complete step to follow is written below, please go through and drive yourself to start with the process.
- Get a small bowl and pour 3 tablespoon full of sugar in it.
- Add one and a half table spoon of olive oil and mix.
- Rub mixture into your underarm and leave it for 15-20mins
- Rinse off and do this 3 times a week.
- Baking soda can also be used in place of sugar, all you need to do is mix required quantity with water and rub into skin.
- Buy any of Cucumber and Lemon
- Slice them into half and rub in circular motions into your skin
- For using Cucumber, you can also make a paste of it and add few drops of Lemon according to your desire, and then massage into the skin.
- Honey is also very good and can be used with Lemon.
Lemon is very effective in removing dead cells that cause hyperpigmentation. You should push yourself in making this a must-do routine.
Kindly follow the steps and guidance provided for you and you are sure to see results. Be patient and give it time, these are techniques that have been tested and they work. Don’t go running to the mirror every minute to see if your underarms have improved…*wink.
You are beautiful and strong. Be all of you and nothing less.